Thursday, January 6, 2011

The start of our ever ever after…

We finally heard the three magic words – WE CAN CLOSE!!!!! 

On May 26, 2010 we submitted our first offer for the house we will now get to make into our home!  It’s been a very long 7 months but it will finally be ours next Friday! 

We decided then that there was no turning back and we (okay, mostly I) have been planning how to restore this property ever since with the hopes and prayers that someday we would be able to make it ours.  There is the house, a small barn, and 1.5 acres that all need quite a bit of love.  It will be an interesting journey for sure as we plan to do most of the work ourselves and we plan to chronicle it here…

Welcome to our new home at Shady Grove Farm. 

Please feel free to visit often!

 
The Farm House


The Barn


2 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS Katie!! I can't tell you how thrilled I am for you and your family! The house is absolutely GORGEOUS, and that barn is perfection! I can see why you fell in love! You know where to find me if you ever need any sources or ideas.... fixing up my own antique farmhouse and barn!;)
    I look forward to following your adventure in turning this house into a home!
    It's a fabulous house to love!

    Happy New Year!

    all the best,
    joan

    p.s. I am also so happy for the house! It makes my heart happy to see a loved house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...cannot wait to travel this journey with you...

    ReplyDelete